Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Divorce Application - Citizenship Papers

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jimbob12 View Drop Down

Joined: 12/August/2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote jimbob12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Divorce Application - Citizenship Papers
    Posted: 12/August/2017 at 22:02
Hi, I am applying for a sole divorce application and my ex was born outside of Australia, however became a citizen 3 years after her birth. As part of the application, it appears that I am required to upload this citizenship document, however she is refusing to give me a copy. I've only asked through email several times since March this year.

Any ideas how I proceed with this? My only thoughts is to register post her a formal letter of request with a due date of response of 2 weeks and failing that take the letter, registered post details and application into the courts, however don't know if this would be enough.

Thanks for any advice

citizen-joe View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 09/October/2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 494
  Quote citizen-joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2017 at 14:20
If it was me I'd forward my application to the court and a covering letter advising that my former partner refuses to supply the required details and adding all the information I know about those details and her current place of living.

Edited by citizen-joe - 13/August/2017 at 14:21

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.