by Frustrated78  25/01/2018  2 Comments  210 Page Views
Employment law, compensation law
Hi all, I have an issue that I really need a fix to after negligence by a workcover insurer has put me in an extremely difficult situation....Firstly I'll say I have Autism...on the high functioning end of the spectrum but I also have an Anxiety disorder that has made life difficult to say the least....

I'm receiving workers comp for this and there has never been an argument from Worksafe, doctors or the insurer that this condition effects my life fairly substantially....

Unfortunately for me the worksafe insurance company EML for the last 18 months have systematically messed with me....cutting off payments with no reason but "oops" for up to a month at a time, multiple times, while ignoring me and giving me excuses I can prove via email correspondence is a lie...

These stalling of payments has made life beyond difficult and I cannot fix it unless EML help me do it... This has been happening regularly since day 1 no matter how much I complain and the lies Ive been told tells me its purposeful...no business could be that badly run...Worcover completely ignored my complaint for the most part and took EML lies over my email proof....

The stalling of my payments have not only made it so myself and my Autistic son have had to go without food but has decimated my rental reference and actually caused massive arguments with my current landlord to the point I have no reference any more and I have to be out of my rental home in 12 weeks....

I've been trying to get a rental place now to get out of here since the arguments with my landlord started in April 2017 but because my landlord wont give me a reference now I'm in a really bad situation caused by EML that could not only make me, my son and 2 dogs homeless with no support network but is effectively making my condition 10x worse..

All I want from EML is to help me apply for another rental...just apply..not pay....But EML have not acknowledged my request at all...they are ignoring me....blatantly and obviously ignoring that I'm even asking them to help...I assume this is a legal thing to avoid admitting fault

When I threatened to tell the ombudsman they reluctantly gave me a letter that really doesnt make it any easier to get another rental because it still makes it look as though getting rent on time will be an issue.....EML have left me in a life shattering limbo that I need to fix asap or wind up on the street

I feel pretty helpless because the only people I could find to "help" are the ombudsman and from what Ive read they usually side with the government agency being complained about and the process could take a long time....I dont have time to wait.

My complaint is now in process but what I need to know is....Is there anything legally I can do to force EML to help me fix the rental issue they caused?.....I also have proof that the rehab firm they hired tried to get me back to work completely misrepresented me to lower my compensation once realised how bad my condition is....I have text messages and emailed proof to back me up and the insurer refuse to acknowledge that also....I have emails that back up my whole story that shws EML and the rehab firm actively lying to me but I dont honestly know where to go from here

They dont even talk to me now....they dont ask me about treatments and they just keep paying me weekly payments that even up till dec were being stalled... My 130 weeks on compo are finished on Oct 20....It scares me that they'll boot me from payments for whatever reason and I'll be stuck with all the issues they caused me but with no help to fix it......Is there anything I can do to force them?....I also applied for Impairment benefits in may last year to help fix the issue but despite it being a max 3 month wait for that to be decided they are stalling it now 10 months after I filed my claim and ignore my requests for nfo on that too....I have a bad feeling I'm about to be screwed....Any advice?