I work as a swimming instructor, and recently developed an allergic reaction to chlorine. I had to go on workers compensation for 3 weeks.
Upon return i was given suitable duties out of the water and the weeks following that they reduced my hours explaining that getting back into the water as much as i previously had would be likely i would have a re occurance of the allergy.
Im a casual employee and have worked there for 4 years, Now they are suggesting i should consider leaving " as a swimming instructor cant perform to the best of their abilty when they have a reaction to chlorine"
I think the chlorine was too high one day and burnt my skin, they argue no body else had that problem.
Can they sack me? and can they reduce my hours?