by Calmar  09/01/2014  117 Page Views
2 Comments  Family & de facto law, financial agreements, consent orders
I have a trial coming up in Children's Procedings. As Respondent if I am under oath, giving evidence or being questioned:

1. Do I have a right to refuse to answer a question (the equivalent of a right to remain silent); or could I just state "I do not remember".

2. Do I have a right to question the validity of a question, or does a magistrate make that determination and direct me to answer.

The basic reason is my ex may use information maliciously outside court procedings.