by Noddy Gould  18/11/2012  582 Page Views
2 Comments  Commercial law, litigation, contracts, IP, property law
My sister and brother-in-law want me to go into a tennancy-in-common with their house. They already have a mortgage, line of credit and credit card debt and are renegotiating with the bank as they have had problems making payments. They have suggested getting a registered valuation and I will take over ownership of a portion of the house. I not sure if this is a good idea or I would be better up buying my own place. Can I just draw up an agreement with them or do I need to see a lawyer? Can I come under their mortgage? Do I need to tell the bank?
Any help most appreciated.