by Calabash  23/06/2005  1474 Page Views
3 Comments  Family & de facto law, financial agreements, consent orders
I am an Australian citizen, but a resident of Hong Kong. My wife and our three daughters are Australian citizens and have never lived outside Australia. My wife and I are contemplating divorce. I don't have a problem with supporting my daughters, however I think my wife and I will disagree regarding the amount of Spousal maintenance that she is entitled to. My question is, what power do the Australian courts have to garner my salary, which is paid to me by a Hong Kong company into my own Hong Kong bank account? My contract in Hong Kong is open ended. What risk do I face by transfering my salary to my Australian bank account? Does it then become available for garnering?