by Angelkt  17/08/2017  177 Page Views
1 Comments  Immigration law, student visa, employment visa, partner visa

My stepdaughter who is 17 and a US citizen is currently living in the US.

Her Father (also a US citizen, not Australian and not living in Australia) and I are married but will soon be divorced. Her Mother has full custody of her.

We have all agreed that it would be best for her to come and live with me in Australia. I am aware that it's best to get going on this before she turns 18.

I'm therefore wondering if it is possible to sponsor my stepdaughter if I have divorced her Father? I am Australian by birth, in case that matters.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.