by posseh  20/06/2005  1089 Page Views
2 Comments  Family & de facto law, financial agreements, consent orders
My partner is currently trying to settle his property with his wife, who moved out of the home to pursue another relationship. He has obtained a formal property valuation, to which she has not accepted. He has since enlisted the help of a solicitor who wrote to his wife requesting that she either agree to the terms within 14 days or they would be seeking a court date. She has since contacted my partner and now claims that she wishes to buy him out. Is this possible considering he is still living in the house and she has not contributed to the repayments since she left? If the case does go to court, would a magistrate rule that the property be sold if they can not come to an agreement?