by LesleyBJones  15/03/2016  567 Page Views
6 Comments  Family & de facto law, financial agreements, consent orders

My ex de-facto and I have been separated for 3 and a half years. We still jointly own a home together that I have been living in since and paying the mortgage on my own.
I cannot afford to pay my ex partner out for their half of the home and wish to sell it in order to move on.
My ex partner is refusing to sign the necessary papers in order to sell, even though I believe this is the best way to settle the issue as we can pay off the mortgage and divide any profit equally between us.
If my ex partner will not sell the home and I am forced to take the issue to court, what will be the process? Will I be required to give my ex partner half of my superannuation and other financial divisions even though we are unable to apply for a property settlement as we have passed the two year time limit from separation?
Obviously I'd like this to be resolved quickly and with as little cost involved as possible. I'm just after general advice.