by Sharan77  31/10/2012  990 Page Views
15 Comments  Family & de facto law, financial agreements, consent orders
It would be great if someone guides me regarding conversion of secondary applicant 457 visa to residency in Australia based on domestic violence and restraining orders thereby against primary applicant of 457 visa of husband. I have two kids and we all four members are Indian citizens and haven't applied for PR here yet. But my husband has cited in his ffidavit that I should contact immigration lawyer and look for residency myself here. He is fighting for custody of kids as well. My eight year old son is terrified of his father and because of my son I am staying put in this country. Baby is breast feeding and just ten months old. Husbnd has put our names on federal police watch list at airports. It's a messy situation espl when eight year old kid Hates his father n talks of killing his father. At times I feel like leaving the kid with his father but then it's injustice with kid. His father is emotionally n verbally abusive n very threatening n controlling indoors n kid has seen n faced this. My lawyer doesn't know on immigration law much n deals with family law matters. So I am seeking help n asking everyone what to do. Kid and me wish to return India as life is difficult here. Have applied for child support here today. Australians are very friendly and nice people to have helped me come out of this abusive relationship n cope with it. Just stuck on kids safety n returning India to parents. India high commission at Perth can't help because it's family law court matters. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.