by Wombat2015  03/11/2015  553 Page Views
1 Comments  Self-managed super funds, superannuation, wealth management
Hi. My question pertains to debt recovery against a debtor living overseas.

The person is an Australian national and the debt occurred while they were resident in Queensland and the debt is six years old. They moved to England shortly after and have permanently settled there.

I have not been able to establish contact, and have just used last known address and e-mail in attempting to contact them.

Can I make a claim? What court could I use? How do papers have to he served? Can judgement be made in their absence?