by Mdurig  01/11/2017  139 Page Views
2 Comments  Employment law, compensation law

I work at a company where I had a contract for full time employment at 80k PA plus super.

The director came to me and stated that due to financial hardship the rate would be reduced to 60k for a while until things got better. I agreed to this verbally to do my part. it has now been 8 months and there is no change back to my original rate in sight. The company is making solid profits again.

There is no clause in my contract allowing for changes to salary nor have I signed a new contract. Is it wise to approach my employer for breach of contract or has it now been too long? can they fire me if I demand a return to 80k? if I decided to leave do I have any grounds for backpay? any advice would help.