by chochang  18/11/2016  538 Page Views
3 Comments  Super, Managed Funds, Wealth, Insurance, SMSF, Pensions
This is just a hypothetical question that my defacto partner and I have. We have both left 90%of our super to each other and the remaining 10% to be split evenly between respective children. He has a son and daughter so wants them to have 5% each and I have two sons whom I wish to have 5% each.

In the event of the death of either of us, can our ex-wife/husband apply to have the super or part thereof given to them? Both of us have been divorced for 2 years +.

Does anyone know anything about this and how can that be protected?