by AshTea  24/07/2017  205 Page Views
0 Comments  Immigration law, student visa, employment visa, partner visa
Can anyone please help me clarify my work rights for the Work and Holiday VISA?
I know it's typically 6 months with one employer, however it states on the website that:

"You do not need to seek permission to work with the same employer for up to 12 months, in circumstances where the work is undertaken in different locations and work in any one location does not exceed six months. For example, you can work with one employer for up to 12 months in the following situations:

hotels, resorts or restaurants within the same chain, provided they are in different premises
independently owned franchises, in different workplaces
State and Territory schools and health care facilities, provided these facilities are at different addresses
separate branches or facilities (for example abattoirs or farms) of the same organisation or business owner."

I work as a Court Monitor within the Sydney CBD, I'm typically rotated between the Supreme Court, The Land and Environment Court, The Downing Center, and John Madison Tower. Sometimes I'll only be at one for a day, other times I'm sent to several locations in one day. These are all a 5-15 minute walk from each other, but they are different buildings. I'm unsure if this qualifies for this location exception stated above.

I've tried contacting the Immigration Department about this, several times, but they have seemed very unsure of the answers they've given me. Using terms such as "I think" and "That should be okay." and "That's a grey area." It's really confusing and worrying.

I was hoping somebody could help give me a more concrete answer...