by JayB  15/09/2015  147 Page Views
3 Comments  Super, Managed Funds, Wealth, Insurance, SMSF, Pensions

I have been living overseas for a number of years but am an Australian citizen and have a super account that is getting eaten up in fees and I'm wondering what my options are?
Obviously I will need to clarify with the actual super company but it would be nice to know where I stand first.

First as there is only around $500ish and as it has been inactive for years can I just claim this cash back or move it elsewhere?

Also I can start making yearly contributions to keep the account active but are there any incentives to do so with my money, being a non resident can I qualify for government co-payment if I meet the conditions?

Is there anything else that I should be aware of?