by andrearooney  29/02/2016  68 Page Views
0 Comments  Wills, probate, letters of administration, powers of attorney
My mother passed away last week in Vienna - Austria her place of residence. I am her only child and my father passed away 5 years ago. Her cousin in Austria wants to help me to sort out the funeral and talk to the notary who is looking after her estate so i don't have to go over there. My mother does not have a will or did not give anyone power of attorney as she die very unexpected. Her cousin asked me to send her like an authorisation to act on my behalf should there be some signatures required etc. What sort of authorisation do I send her from here? Does a solicitor write that or do I write it and then get it witnessed?
Thanks for any advice