by Kaillis  03/11/2012  815 Page Views
10 Comments  Commercial law, litigation, contracts, IP, property law
I bought an investment house with my brother about 7years ago. The house and mortgage and everything is in my name but we had a verbal agreement of a 50/50 arrangment. It worked fine initially but then he stopped paying the payments and put a caveat on the house for his interest in it. He is demanding i pay him the whole amount he put into the house. (most of which was interest on our loan) The amount is more than the full equity in the house and is totally unreasonable. I can not afford a lawyer to fight him and have no idea of my rights or what to do...

Where do i start??