by Jimmycri  06/05/2019  24 Page Views
3 Comments  Employment law, compensation law
Hi I work in NSW

Would it be considered harassment if the person who is assigned to cover you for a toilet break, lunch breaks and 10 minutes break purposely delay you for going to a toilet break or a lunch break or a normal break.   

This Assistant comes into the office late, i always come in on time I start at 8.30 am and finish at 5.00 pm , the other staff starts at 9.00 am and finish at 5.00 pm.   When i ask to go on a toilet break i have to wait 15 minutes or 20 minutes at times. If i ask to go on a normal 10 minute break that i am entitled to i am either told no because there is some reason as to why she isnt able to cover me when we are short on staff or even when we are full staffed.   

For the last 3 years i was going on my breaks at a set time 11.30 am and then after 3.00 pm. The other staff who works with me goes on her breaks at 11 am and 2.30 pm for 15 minutes but she is a part time staffer, where as i am full time permanent staffer.

The Assistant staff has purposely booked meetings in those times 11.30 am and 3.00 pm so i cant go on my breaks. If i ask for a break at 11.45 am there is another reason why i cant go, and if i ask at 3.30 pm if i can go again i am met with no because of this and that.

When the other coworker who i work with needs cover she goes and covers her without any issues, for toilet breaks, coffee breaks , etc and if the other staff doesn't go on a break, i am not allowed to.

With lunch breaks because she is not good at time management, all the tasks that are supposed to be done since 9 am goes into my lunch start time so again for say example i am supposed to go at 12.30 pm it will delay to the time of 12.50 pm, but the first staff who goes to lunch gets to go on time at 12 pm and she delays me by coming back at 12.30 pm and the she needs to run to the toilet when she could have gone in her lunch break time.

This assistant even tells me to how long to go for lunch all the time, because she has come into the office late in the mornings, so all her tasks has been delayed. But she gets to go on her long lunches but mine gets shortened.

Is this harassment or bullying ?