by janmor  30/01/2014  373 Page Views
1 Comments  Wills, probate, letters of administration, powers of attorney
Our mother was in a nursing home in Victoria and passed away recently.
We want to get back the accommodation bond refund but first we need a grant of probate apparently.
My mother has six children the money would be evenly divided between us.
Our father is deceased.
My mother had a will dividing any assets equally, unfortunately the executor her brother died a couple of years ago.
Two of the children have financial power of attorney if relevant.
Is it difficult for one of us to become the administrator through the supreme court?
Do we need to advertise for two weeks?
Is it a relatively simple procedure?
Is this the best solution?
Or is this even how you obtain a "Grant of probate"
Thanks in advance