by kaddymist  10/09/2017  211 Page Views
3 Comments  Employment law, compensation law
Hello,

I have a question re: Employment activity discrimination. The only information I've been able to find online is from the Victorian Human Rights Commission (https://www.humanrightscommission.vic.gov.au/the-workplace/workplace-discrimination/type-of-discrimination/employment-activity). Does this apply to NSW as well?

In particular - "If an employee makes a reasonable request about employment entitlements, employers cannot treat them unfavourably or penalise them"

Without going into too much detail at the moment- following the results of a re-structure, I have raised some questions re: my pay level (my job title and duties have remained the same). In a meeting last week, management admitted they had made a mistake and actually reduced my pay level. None of this is in writing yet but I have just been doing some research online re: my rights just in case.

From what I read on the Vic web site, it appears as though I would have a case per Employment activity discrimiation. Would the same apply in NSW?

Thank you