by Matthew  09/09/2021  0 Page Views
0 Comments  Immigration law, student visa, employment visa, partner visa
I have an employee whose student visa is expiring and I am awaiting necessary documentation to confirm ongoing permission to work, either via bridging visa or graduate visa. If his student visa expires before I have confirmation of ongoing permission to work, can I simply stand him down from working until verification is received, or am I obligated to terminate employment and re-hire when confirmation is received? I am aware he cannot work while I cannot verify ongoing permission to work, I am just wondering if he can be stood down during any intervening period, rather than terminated immediately. The employee is a casual. TIA for any insights.