by deep6649  09/01/2014  161 Page Views
1 Comments  Family & de facto law, financial agreements, consent orders
I am a 26 year old girl married to person who is a permanent resident in Australia, I married him in Oct, 2012 in INDIA. I have been granted permanent spouse visa in May 2013. But since I moved in Australia to live with my husband, I have been sexually and physically harassed. He has taken control of my social networking accounts and my cell phone. He has also recently uploaded some really inappropriate pics of mine . I am going to file a complain in police against him, but I am not sure how all this is gonna effect my visa. And more importantly will Australian family law will protect me, as I am not a permanent residence of Australia , i am here on spouse visa. I already talked to a physiologist because I was in trauma due to all this, he also advice me a file a police complain against him. He is calling my family and friends and threaten everybody and says he will kill me and destroy my life.
I will really appreciate any help from your side, please suggest me anything. I was also financially dependent on my husband, as I left my job in India to be with him in Australia. Now I am just staying at friends house because I am really afraid that he can kill me if I went to his house.