by londonlass  14/09/2005  755 Page Views
0 Comments  Family & de facto law, financial agreements, consent orders

My husband's ex-wife has decided to move to Australia from the UK with her boyfriend and my husbands two kids (aged 6 and 11). His ex is British but her partner is Australian.

We are unsure as to where he stands with regards to child support payments and visitation rights.

How does Austalian law calculate the monthly payments to be made, and his visitation rights to see the children. Will factors such as how much it will cost for us to go there or bring the children over here for visits be taken into account? At present they children live with their mum and come over to the dad's every weekend so they enjoy regular access with us. We would still like to see them a few times a year, but this obviously will depend on how much we end up paying out to her per month for child support.

Any advise will be most welcome