by Brodie  06/07/2021  0 Page Views
0 Comments  Commercial law, litigation, contracts, IP, property law
I retired from the position of trustee of a family trust over 10 years ago, the deed of variation was not lodged with the relevant bodies at the time, for example the lands title office and the bank - the property is mortgaged. I am now stuck with a mortgage in my name as trustee although I have retired, with full liability for the loan, meaning I can not purchase my own property and I am now estranged from the new trustees. Can I submit the deed of variation showing that I retired and would this mean the new trustees would be forced to refinance or would I be implicated some how?Any other advice on how to rid myself of this bane?