by Cen  26/02/2019  82 Page Views
2 Comments  Discuss legal issues that are of a general nature

So I am in a relationship with my girlfriend. We are both on Disibility Support Pension. We do not live together. She wants kids. I would like to know, if we have a child but still don’t live with each other, would we both be still eligible for single rate of DSP?

If not, does anyone have experience with this? Special provisions?

“If we decide you‘re a member of a couple but you believe this will cause unfair hardship, contact us on your regular payment line. We may consider you as single under special provisions in the Social Security Act 1991. We assess each request on a case by case basis.”