by kitz  20/01/2015  249 Page Views
0 Comments  Immigration law, student visa, employment visa, partner visa
Hi there, I'm a Canadian with a student visa, and I am about to lodge a defacto visa application. I've been living with my boyfriend for 17 months. My student visa doesnt expire until November 2015, however I don't want to continue my studies and need to work full time.

I understand that if I cancel my student visa after lodging the defacto I will then have a Bridging E, which is only undesirable to me because we are making travel plans for August 2015, and because it is uncertain how long it may take to get approved working rights.

I have heard that I may have an option of applying for another, shorter, student visa, but sometimes that doesn't work. Does anyone know why?

Also, what would happen if my student visa was cancelled BEFORE I lodged my defacto? Is there a chance of getting a Bridging A more quickly?

I only got a student visa because I had no other options at the time. I have absolutely no desire or money to study any further.

Please help! Thank you!