by beavisbeavis  30/03/2017  168 Page Views
2 Comments  Immigration law, student visa, employment visa, partner visa
Hi, Can I travel to the USA and Canada if I have a pending charge. I'm from Australia and I'm meant to be travelling in about a week and a bit but I got caught with some cannabis last weekend. I haven't received the paper work for the charge or court date. The officers said I can travel and they know all the travel details, he even told me to answer "No" to the question about "Have you been arrested or convicted" because I wasn't arrested and I haven't been convicted (yet) but I'm worried about immigration. I haven't received my charge papers or court date yet and I have a lawyer which can attend my court date if it is on while I'm overseas. The lawyer also reckons I'll be fine to travel. Does anyone know if pending charges come up on the immigration system? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.