by John  13/04/2021  0 Page Views
3 Comments  Criminal law, traffic matters, DUI, assault, theft, fraud

So I challenged a summary offence charge in the Magistrates Court of Victoria and lost. I then appealed the charge in the County Court of Victoria and lost there too. In my opinion, I did not get a fair hearing in the County Court of Victoria as my charge was decided by an incompetent judge.

Using form 6-2A, I made an application for leave to appeal against conviction to the Supreme Court of Victoria - Court of Appeal under Criminal Procedure Act 2009 (VIC) s 274 using the authority Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (VIC) s 24(1), but my application was rejected because summary offences cannot be appealed to that court as a summary offence is not in the original jurisdiction of the originating court.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any other way to appeal my charge?