by Douvi  26/08/2005  7874 Page Views
10 Comments  Immigration law, student visa, employment visa, partner visa

Hi there,

I'm in Australia on a working holiday visa and I'm planning to apply for a spouse (de facto) visa in 6 months. My (Australian) partner and I have been together for 3 years, but we've only been able to live together since early 2005.

I'm worried because I've just read on the DIMIA website that people that have or have had a 'no further stay' mention on their visa can't apply for a spouse visa from within Australia. I had a visa with this condition 1.5 years ago, and although this visa has expired, I'm afraid that when I give my application for a spouse visa in 6 months, it will be rejected if I do it in Australia. Is that correct, and if it is, is there anything I can do?

Thank you very much if you can help me.