Forum Name: Assault, DUI, Drugs, Fraud, AVOs, Traffic Fines
Forum Discription:
URL: https://www.aussielegal.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6750
Printed Date: 19/April/2019 at 08:54

Topic: **** DUI - URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ****
Posted By: belinda69
Subject: **** DUI - URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ****
Date Posted: 02/August/2009 at 21:31
I'm a 17 year old girl on my red P's (since January 09)
I blew 0.083% when i was RBT'd July 31st at 11pm on the Sunshine Coast, QLD- i was driving at the speed limit in a sensible car. i have a clean driving record, this is my first offence.
i work and study at uni so my license is very important. is it correct that i am ineligible for a work license/hardship license because i was done on my P's (zero alcohol limit?)
will "underage drinking" be an issue raised by the magistrate? (i was not drinking at a licensed premises)
do i need legal advice or a solicitor?
what is the likely outcome of my case?
i would very much appreciate any assistance,
thank you .    
Bel.

Replies:
Posted By: remorsful
Date Posted: 02/August/2009 at 21:41
Sorry to hear it belinda.
I was done for drink driving a few months ago in adelaide, i lost my licence on the spot for 12 mnths.
I am going to court tomorow so will know what else they have in store for me then.

For you being on youre P's you are nearly guaranteed some length of suspension but get a lawyer to see if they can get you less, also so demerit points and extra length of provisional licence and a fine.

Any way every case is different so you will have to wait and see for sure. Probably get a lawyer for a lighter sentence.

Hope all goes well.

Date Posted: 02/August/2009 at 21:46
Thanks Remorsful, all the best with court tomorrow xo

Posted By: MartinO
Date Posted: 02/August/2009 at 21:46
You will lose your licence and receive a fine, employing a solicitor will not do much as the magistrate has very little lee way to alter the penalty. If you were drinking at licensed premises you may be in even more trouble.

-------------
I am NOT a lawyer. Anything said is NOT legal advice.

Please post your legal questions in a forum rather than sending a PM. Thanks.

Posted By: remorsful
Date Posted: 02/August/2009 at 21:48
Thats why she should get a lawyer.

Posted By: TechSpec
Date Posted: 02/August/2009 at 21:50
Looks like you wont be driving for at least the next 6 months!

As you are the holder of a provisional license - not good!
Your only hope is to give the biggest sob story that you could possibly muster up - giving good reasons for leniency, and hope for the best.
Find a lawyer that gives the first consultation for free, get as must advice for leniency off the lawyer as you can, then prepare your own speech for court.
Keep in mind that you are still a child at the age of 17 and as such you should be appearing in the children's court. It's much easier for leniency there...

-------------

Date Posted: 02/August/2009 at 21:54
Thanks TechSpec

Posted By: shoeverine
Date Posted: 03/August/2009 at 18:59
Originally posted by TechSpec

Looks like you wont be driving for at least the next 6 months!

As you are the holder of a provisional license - not good!
Your only hope is to give the biggest sob story that you could possibly muster up - giving good reasons for leniency, and hope for the best.
Find a lawyer that gives the first consultation for free, get as must advice for leniency off the lawyer as you can, then prepare your own speech for court.
Keep in mind that you are still a child at the age of 17 and as such you should be appearing in the children's court. It's much easier for leniency there...

Age 17 is adult court.

Print Page | Close Window