Forum Name: Franchises, Leases, Litigation, Trusts, Building, Debts
Forum Discription:
URL: https://www.aussielegal.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25264
Printed Date: 23/April/2019 at 02:37

Topic: Powers of Presiding Officer
Posted By: Up Front
Subject: Powers of Presiding Officer
Date Posted: 30/October/2018 at 10:57
I am in a small group (4) of Strata Units, our Presiding Officer resides interstate, he has instructed that any accounts for payment be submitted to him for approval by our Strata Manager, they are not tabled at our AGM, for discussion and/or approval, by the other owners.

As well as accounts, any correspondence sent to him is not recorded/registered or placed into file, as I believe it should be.

I must admit he and I do not see eye to eye, it appears vindictive of him, as I had a robbery some time ago, and in my absence the fence on our Strata Common was kicked in, as well as a new hose and reel stolen, in doing so the tap which on the Strata Common was broken off, repairs were effected by my son in law, who replaced the damaged fence palings and fixed a new tap to the outlet.

Repairs only totaled $185 he rejected this account, no reason given!

Any suggestions ?

Replies:
Posted By: citizen-joe
Date Posted: 30/October/2018 at 14:29
Placing such a bottleneck to the payment of accounts by sending them interstate is ridiculous, nothing wrong with having the presiding officer overlooking accounts for payment, but such a person should live locally, preferably in the strata complex.

Lobby other members of the body corporate and either stand against him at the next AGM or support someone else who stands.

Print Page | Close Window