Forum Discription:
URL: https://www.aussielegal.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2231
Printed Date: 22/April/2019 at 01:01

Topic: 2nd working holiday visa
Posted By: alana1810
Subject: 2nd working holiday visa
Date Posted: 03/March/2007 at 00:27

hi everyone,

im new to this and have some questions about the second working holiday visa for my boyfriend to come back to aust.

he came out here in sept 05 and went back to france in sept 06 - we were together for 11 of the 12 months. during this time he worked in tasmania doing apple picking for 2.5 months. now the question we have is... how do they calculate the 3 calendar months for this visa? do they include weekends? is it a certain number of days? he lived on the property and picked apples everyday, even weekends. so he worked 72 days which i think is more than you would do in 3 calendar months, excluding weekends.

has anyone come across this? will they accept this work and grant him the second w.h. visa? this would be perfect for him. we have a letter from the employer confirming the dates and that he lived on the property during this time.

i tried calling immigration today and the girl couldnt answer my question, so gave me the email addy for the office in hobart who process this visa. we're anxious to know what they will say..

any opinions or advise?

Print Page | Close Window