Thanks for your consideration.
My husband is an Australian, and we have married for one year now. I have obtained subclass 309 visa now(spouse temporary visa, which costs a lot of my energy, time and money), and I plan to enter Australia in the near future. My husband visited me in Jan.2006, but in Feb.2006, after his leave(now he still works in another country), he suddenly asked me to end the relationship, and refused me to enter Australia and threatened me, the following is what he said ( in his emails):
“Living together in Australia also presents me many problems , if it not
work what would happen? I not want to take that type of risk”
“If things become more difficult I will organise to have visa cancelled as
it needs support by me”
what a philanderer he is! what a big, ridiculous and irresponsible joke he made!
Would you please do me a favor? I would like to inquire the following
1. Whether my husband can abandon/reject me in such way? Is it legal for him to threaten me to cancel the support to my visa? is it domestic violence that the husband rejects wife in Australia? is his threatened words domestic violence?
2. Whether he can cancel his AOS (Assurance of Support) to my visa randomly, without any restriction? What kind situation he can cancel his AOS to my visa?
3. If i have arrived Australia, then he cancelled his AOS, whether I would be expelled from Australia during the visa's validity?
4. If i am unwilling to divorce, whether he can force me to do? or whether he can divorce unilaterally in Australia?
5. Are there any laws to protect the women as the holder of subclass 309 visa? What kind rights do I have under the subclass 309 visa?
he cheated me, philander with me, and is irresponsible to his behavior. he hurts me deeply, i gave up my job for him, i have wasted more than two years to wait for him. now is in embarrassing situation , his change is really a shock to me, I am in deep sorrow, and very sad to be rejected now.
If he insists on cancelling his AOS and divorcing unilaterally, what shall I do? whether i can get some compensation from him legally?
i hope you, justicial Australian can help me, your earliest reply is appreciated!
Thanks and best regards
A woman with broken heart
Edited by lindali