This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.
Posted: 10/August/2017 at 19:22
It's a definite scam.
Edited by Dawens - 06/June/2018 at 17:01
|Quote Reply Posted: 24/May/2017 at 22:00|
Sounds like a scam, the question you must ask yourself is "did I ask that firm to process my tax return".
If not I expect that their e-mail address is false and that the message did not come from that firm and the whole exercise is an attempt at identity fraud against you.
Report details to ACORN
|Quote Reply Posted: 24/May/2017 at 17:57|
Dud Cheque – From one of the four largest Accountancy Firms in Australia
1. On opening their email the first impression, it is a spam
2. Keep getting an error message when entering their website address www.xxx.com.au
3. They asked for postal address which was duly provided on the 8 August 2016
4. No response to my original email
5. Follow-up email on the 18 October 2016 I provided my postal address again
6. Received a cheque and a cover note by mail December 2016
7. Cheque deposited into my account in March 2017 but the cheque bounced
a. Note from the ANZ Bank – Payment stopped. Cheque dishonoured
8. The cover note that came with the cheque has been misplaced
9. Email send to the chief officer of the firm but to no avail
What is next step?
Copy of original email
I am aware that xxxxxxxxxxx processed your tax returns. Please note that the ATO’s refund to you has bounced back and remains in our trust account. Please confirm where this payment should be posted to.
Please call me should you wish to discuss.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum