Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Visitor visa subclass 600 Sponsored Family Stream

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mian1984 View Drop Down

Joined: 12/July/2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 42
  Quote mian1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor visa subclass 600 Sponsored Family Stream
    Posted: 19/July/2016 at 01:05
Hi There,

I am just wondering can i sponsor my sister in law (Wife's Sister) on Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream visa . i did have a look at the immi webiste but there is nothing mentioned to sponsor sister in law. I am Australian citizen and living in australia from last 10 years. Can my wife sponsor her even though she doesn't work and she has just got her PR.



lizajack2013 View Drop Down

Joined: 18/February/2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
  Quote lizajack2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2017 at 15:04
she still needs this evidence as proof that she won't need/try to get a job while she's in Australia. Depending on where she's from, you may need to provide a bond as well, but that's to ensure she doesn't overstay her visa so you only get the bond back when she's left the country.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.