Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Child custody

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
child custody View Drop Down

Joined: 29/March/2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote child custody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Child custody
    Posted: 29/March/2016 at 07:15
I am applying for partner’s visa to Australia, my partner has a child (6 yo) from previous marriage, and there a court decision to remove the custody from the father, and make the mother as the sole custodian parent, now the father has a different nationality from the mother and the child is holding the mother’s nationality, he is living with her and all court decisions and rulings are in the mother’s country, the Australian immigration is asking to prove that the child is not holding his father’s nationality as well, as that country (might) object granting his visa to Australia
Any advice how to respond? It is a weird and complex situation, and I don’t know what to do?

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.