Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

Berrigan Doube Lawyers - Brisbane

Address:  44 Balaclava Street, Woolloongabba, QLD

Phone:  07 3399 4199



  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sagitarian View Drop Down

Joined: 30/January/2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 23
  Quote Sagitarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CONTRIBUTORY PARENT TEMPORARY ( SUBCLASS 173 )
    Posted: 20/February/2016 at 15:42
Good afternoon all

I am seeking some initial advise on the above visa Subclass 173
I am an Australian Citizen, My Father is a UK Citizen and is 75 years of age.
He lives on his own and is not in great health to say the least.Over the past 3 years i
have been asking him to come and live in Australia so i can take care of him.
Over the last year he has been pretty much house bound, not eating well and bathing
only when someone can help him.
Over the last few weeks he has been in hospital and he sound like a new man
getting 3 meals a day - washed and looked after, I have told him now he needs someone
to look after him and he seems to agree.

I have done some reading on the Aust Immigration website, i would like to know is it possible for him to obtain a Subclass visa 600 in order for me to bring him back to Australia and then to apply in Australia for a Visa Subclass 173.
From what i have noted is that a Subclass Visa 600 usually does not have any "No further Stay Conditions " Attached. So would i be correct in assuming that he could then apply for the Subclass 173 which states it can be applied for in Australia.

Because of his bad health and lack of care i am seeking the quickest way possible to get
him here with me - Visa cost are not a concern.

Thank you in Advance for any replies


 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.