Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cancel student visa and Pr application

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tinale View Drop Down

Joined: 08/August/2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote Tinale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cancel student visa and Pr application
    Posted: 08/August/2015 at 10:16
Hi, everyone.
Please help me with my current issue. I am on student visa as master degree of health administration, and my student visa will expire on 03/2016. However, I just want to study post graduate diploma which completed on 07/2015. Now i would like to apply Pr as 189 or 190. I already applied for skill assessment which will send me the final result in the end of 08/2015.

My question is: does anyone tell me when the immigration will cancel my student visa due to i applied the completion course on 07/2015. On my academic transcript, university mentioned i finish my course on 09/07/2015

Do i have enough time to submit EOI, get invitation and lodging Pr application before my student visa cancel? if my student visa is cancelled before I have bridging visa, does it affect my PR application?

Or Should I submit the TR visa (graduate - skill) application to extend my time to lodging PR. (I did bachelor course and post graduate course). In that case, can i allow to work full time when i get bridging visa or I will be restricted to work 40 hours per fortnight as student visa condition. Does it affect my Pr application later on?

Please help me to answer these concerns. Thank you very much

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.