Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
12345 View Drop Down

Joined: 04/May/2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
  Quote 12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I NEED HELP
    Posted: 04/July/2009 at 13:43
any adivce would be appriciated ,,

i came along with my wife to australia in nov 2005

she was a primary applicant as student , and i came as her care taker(spouse visa)
she completed her bachelors degree
and now our both visa status is TR which is for 18 months,
we both wotk fulltime as we dont have any work restrictions

in mean time ,
our relationship has gone to worse stage , we simply cant survive together anymore , she threats me all the time that she's gona deport me ,
im preety much happy with my job and life style in australia.

my question is
if we get divorced , and show that to immigration department,
what conditions will be applied on my visa ,
would i be still able to stay n work in australia ?
or do i need to get individual visa ?

thanks in advance

MartinO View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Joined: 02/March/2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 13999
  Quote MartinO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/July/2009 at 17:35
Have you separated? If so you need to advise Immigration that your marriage has failed, and advise then that you wish to stay here, they will consider your case on any evidence that you can provide as to your circumstances.
I am NOT a lawyer. Anything said is NOT legal advice.

Please post your legal questions in a forum rather than sending a PM. Thanks.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.