Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A question of who pays

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wattsie View Drop Down

Joined: 29/May/2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote wattsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question of who pays
    Posted: 29/May/2007 at 20:09
My parents recently applied for the deeds of a second property that they own. They were told that the deeds were still in the persons name that they brought it of, and they would need to get her to sign it over that the house has been paid in full.  This person died about four years ago and now the convencers are telling my parents that they will have to apply for probate and pay the costs themselves. I believe that at the time this person died there was no probate as they assumed that she had no property. Is this true that they will have to pay these costs.

rambler1 View Drop Down
Legal Guru
Legal Guru

Joined: 01/May/2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1918
  Quote rambler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2007 at 22:22

 Generally the executor will need to apply for probate so Im not sure about you but if the property did not pass to your parents for some reason and there is no executor then you will have to apply for probate and pay for the land transfer.


 This is not legal advice check with the court

Luke 11 46: Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! For you load men with burdens that are difficult to carry, and you yourselves won't even lift one finger to help carry those burdens.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.