Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Property damage

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Merlin View Drop Down

Joined: 26/May/2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
  Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Property damage
    Posted: 05/March/2018 at 15:24
A 12-year-old boy (alledgedly drunk would you believe) smashed my window while visiting our neighbour's son, when they were supposed to be at school.There was no adult supervision at the time. The single mother was at work.
There was no reason for the attack as I don't even know the neighbour. I haven't called the police because of possible reprisals.
I am an aged pensioner in my late seventies and cannot afford to get the window fixed, which is quite large. So, who is responsible for the repairs?

DoogleMcFroogle View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 09/July/2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 142
  Quote DoogleMcFroogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2018 at 16:06
Explain the situation the the boys parents and get them to pay for it. If they dont pay, then get the police involved ( maybe lodge a report anyway ).
Can you claim on your House and contents insurance? This may be the way to go to save all the hassle you may have with the boys parents etc....

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.