Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking representation against Vic Gov.

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tsuro View Drop Down

Joined: 03/February/2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
  Quote Tsuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking representation against Vic Gov.
    Posted: 03/February/2018 at 14:51
Hey there everyone,

I was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of obtaining representation in a case that I have going at the moment against the Vic Police & State of Victoria.

I've tried so many solicitors like Maurice Blackburn, Shine, Robinson Gill, Kingston, Slater & Gordon, etc. Been through so many law institute victoria referrals and gotten nowhere, and even they told me they were struggling themselves and to try Community Legal Centres, so I went through all of those too. The common problem seems to be that either the case is too diverse (over too many parts of the law) or "conflict of interest".

I tried direct briefing some barristers, but they all told me due to the complexity I would need 2-3 barristers and instructing solicitors.

I don't have stacks of money but that isn't really the issue here, it's just finding somebody to put their hand up and offer to represent.

At the last hearing, Her Honour Judge Jones endorsed my making application to the High Court under the Judiciary Act s 40 for removal of part of the matter, because of some of the issues I raised in a submission (see link below), but I mean... I'm just a self-rep person and was trying to get the Court to make the Attorney-General of Victoria do it by issuing a writ or orders.

Now that Judge Jones suddenly retried from judicial office, and it's gone to Judge McNab, I'm thinking it might be further grounds to have the whole matter removed to the High Court for consideration. There's little point causing heaps of fragmentation in the matter by having part heard before a new judge on the case in the FCCA and part of it heard by the HCA.

Seems to me more logical to use the endorsement of Judge Jones and apply to get it all removed up there, except I have no idea about the High Court at all and I'm running out of time to get an application in.

The submission that Her Honour endorsed referal to the High Court is here:
Applicants Submissions on OneDrive

The most relevant paragraphs I believed were 19 (page 22) and 26 (page 27), however Her Honour had indicated that there was more in there that the High Court would want to make determination on.

I'm struggling pretty bad with this case and desperate for the help.

At the hearing on the 15 Dec 2017, the Police arrested me and did a search warrant to prevent me getting to the FCCA hearing on that day. They then tried to blackmail me to admit guilt in an interview to get my things back off them (Computer, phone, etc.) and when I got them back, they were all damaged.

So with the stress of having lost everything, been struggling for the past 2-3 years now, the legal proceedings and constantly being harassed by the cops cause I'm suing them, I'm just desperate for somebody to take it on and help me out a little.

If anybody knows a solicitor or barrister willing to take it on, and to apply for removal to the High Court, please let me know.

You can chuck me an email at if you know somebody that can help.


citizen-joe View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 09/October/2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 670
  Quote citizen-joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2018 at 21:32
Originally posted by Tsuro

I don't have stacks of money but that isn't really the issue here, it's just finding somebody to put their hand up and offer to represent.

Therein lies your problem, this is a big case that would involve much research and court work. To find someone who is competent enough and who wishes to make a name for himself will be very difficult.

If you had a big bag of money and were willing to risk it all, you may have a chance of finding someone.

But is the case worth it? The police have taken your phone and computer and broken them, they have arrested you and prevented you from appearing, which yes, certainly is serious.

But what have you been charged with (no need to answer if it may jeopardise future actions). But is the matter serious enough to warrant some high flying lawyer going out on a limb and volunteering their services to make a name for themselves? That is the question you must step back and ask yourself before you attempt to proceed.

You should also ask yourself, what is the worse that will happen if I just step back, put all this behind me and try to move on with my life?

Good luck.

Tsuro View Drop Down

Joined: 03/February/2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
  Quote Tsuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2018 at 08:48
The original thing that started the whole matter against the Police occurred on 5 Nov 2015, and that was a malicious prosecution that they dragged out for over 14 months causing me to lose everything. I know they say self-reps are too invested in their own cases, and it's probably true in my case because that's my entire life down the toilet.

Contrary to popular belief the Police are not the good guys at all. I have evidence of repeated misconduct by them against myself, and chances are they do this same misconduct against other people too.

It's not the first time they've arrested me and given me the treatment and released me later without charges. Way back in May 2017, they did the same as well. The charges on that aren't proceeding at all, however at that arrest they denied me the right to a lawyer, the right to an IDP and I got them to admit it on the VARE recording.

In regards to the Dec 2017 arrest & search warrant, I haven't been charged with anything and as far as I am aware the charges probably are not going to be proceeding on that one. Getting the officer then to admit unlawful conduct probably doesn't go a long way to helping them in the courts, plus the relevant sections of the evidence act would strike out any admissions anyway (Evidence Act s85, if i'm not mistaken which is where a person has been induced to make admissions it's inadmissible)

I had one lawyer who was interested, and I pointed out to him I did have a big bag of money available to me - which I can only get access to once I actually have found a lawyer - if he would represent, but he ended up saying his law firm was too small. I even asked if his firm could partner with another firm to make up the necessary numbers but they had a look around and said nobody else could be found.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.