Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ceased contact with corrections officer

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Maxi93 View Drop Down

Joined: 29/January/2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote Maxi93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ceased contact with corrections officer
    Posted: 29/January/2018 at 19:10
I am on a suspended sentence and I got in a fight a couple weeks ago in which I threatened someone with a knife but cops charged me with possess prohibited weapon with intent to cause fear even though it was only a butter knife. I haven't been in contact with my corrections officer because I don't want to go to court. Just wondering whether they will get a warrant put out on me.

citizen-joe View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 09/October/2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 673
  Quote citizen-joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2018 at 22:04
You are on a suspended sentence but still got into a fight and threatened someone with an offensive weapon, it does not matter what it was, it's the manner that it was used that counts. You will be very lucky if you don't end up inside on both the original sentence and this new offence. See a solicitor right away to see what magic he can pull out of the hat. Take a thick checkbook with you. And enroll in an anger management course right away, showing the court you are aware how stupid you have been and are doing something about it may help mitigate any sentence you receive.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.