Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking Supervision

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GPS View Drop Down

Joined: 20/November/2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote GPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking Supervision
    Posted: 20/November/2017 at 13:41
I know this is probably not the most appropriate forum for my question, but it doesn't fit into any other category.

Basically myself and another Lawyer were both recently admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW.

We are trying to locate a Lawyer holding an Unrestricted Practicing Certificate who could provide us with supervision for the 2-4 years required.

Here's the catch. Due to our circumstances we both need to work from home in separate locations. We are therefore looking for someone to provide us with remote supervision. I have discussed this with the Law Societies of NSW, Qld and WA. We have set up the proposed arrangement so it is compliant with the guidelines suggested by these Law Societies.

My question therefore is... Does anyone on this forum know of any Lawyer who may be willing to provide the required supervision? Any pointers would be welcome. The role would suit a retired/retiring Lawyer who wants to maintain a presence in the industry.

We will be placing official advertisements as well but are utilising various methods to locate the suitable person.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, we are both mature aged individuals - late comers to the legal industry.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.