Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

workers comp issues please help

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ajp1985 View Drop Down

Joined: 05/June/2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote ajp1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: workers comp issues please help
    Posted: 05/June/2017 at 18:42
I was severely injured at work in june 2016 and ended up with permanant spinal cord damage .I am currently on workers comp however im struggling to cope being disabled and suffering severe depression and being on my own in tassie. all my family is in nsw and i would like to relocate up there for support mentally and physically and i was hoping someone may be able to tell me if i am able to do this. i would like to find out before i approach work cover about this.

citizen-joe View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 09/October/2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 645
  Quote citizen-joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2017 at 01:35
I'm not a lawyer but I don't see why not. If you need family support, you need family support. If it was me me I'd ask my doctor, and if he agrees have him write a letter for workers comp stating how desirable it is that you relocate for family support.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.