Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RRV for a child

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smartwork View Drop Down

Joined: 26/October/2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 16
  Quote smartwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RRV for a child
    Posted: 02/September/2016 at 09:58

I am a mother of 8 yr girl who has migrated to Australia in 2009 on skilled migration visa 175 with my 10 month child that time(her) then along with my abusive partner that time. After migrating to Australia my violent abusive partner had escalated his abuse with my and my child and I was forced to send back my daughter to India to my parents. There was no family court order when I left her in India in dec 2010, 15 months later I had first arrived Australia with her and she also holded permanent visa 175 secondary then . The marriage broke in 2009 as ofcourse my ex was brutal and violent and he is still living in Australia and i have got his no whereabouts nor do we intend to contact each other now
Eventually i got back to Australia again in 2011 and now an Australian citizen since 2013. I want to bring back my child to Australia now and her PR visa has expired in Aug 2014.

What visa do i need to apply to get her back and if after visa is granted if they are compelling reasons my child still cannot come to Australia then what will be the implications after visa been granted then. can I not apply for Resident return visa as now Iam an Australian citizen

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.