Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

change a bridging visa to a student visa

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MoMo128 View Drop Down

Joined: 22/August/2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote MoMo128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: change a bridging visa to a student visa
    Posted: 22/August/2016 at 11:06

I was in a relationship however that has broken down and was wondering if there was a way I can change the bridging visa a (010) I am on to a student visa so I can complete the course in november this year.
I'm hoping I woudln't have to leave the country to do it

Or would it just be easier to sit it out and see what happens? as I was going to leave once I had completed my course anyway

Any advice would be very appreciated

lizajack2013 View Drop Down

Joined: 18/February/2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
  Quote lizajack2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2017 at 01:01
Normally they would sent an email (which is a common practice) . Nevertheless, it can be understood that as soon as you lodge a new visa application and DIAC acknowledges then you are eligible for Bridging visa grant, provided you have lodged your new application before your previous visa expires.

VEVO would help you in finding this sort of information in some cases. BTW have you had a chance to check yours yet?

Please check the extract from form 1024. You can see the full form on DIAC's website.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.