Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

802 Child visa

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JPM View Drop Down

Joined: 21/January/2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
  Quote JPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 802 Child visa
    Posted: 22/January/2016 at 00:08
My daughter in law has a child in Vietnam she wants to bring to Australia (4 year old girl). My daughter in law is awaiting PR which is imminent, after grant of 309. It says on gov immigration site that you can apply onshore for child's residency. My question is which visa could you bring the girl into Australia on in order to apply for the 802? There is a great deal of chat in the blogosphere of not being able to come on a visitor's visa because of the potential for a No Further Stay condition. How do children come into Australia then? I'm confused. Any advice gratefully received.

lizajack2013 View Drop Down

Joined: 18/February/2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
  Quote lizajack2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2017 at 15:08
If you are sponsoring a child, you could have an issue with -
The Minister is satisfied that there is no compelling reason to believe that the grant of the visa would not be in the best interests of the additional applicant.

If there is no child involved, from what you have posted, you should be OK.

In either case it would be a good idea to put the full facts of your case to a registered migration agent for a considered professional opinion.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.