Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

? small claim for loss of money

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steved View Drop Down

Joined: 05/December/2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
  Quote steved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? small claim for loss of money
    Posted: 29/August/2015 at 20:47
Hi guys,

I’m just enquiring for a friend whom is seeking to start a minor case claim.

He paid a guy some money to restore a vintage car. The restorer of the business doesn’t have an ABN and is a retired person seemingly doing this for a bit of extra income.

My friend purchased and supplied the parts, to which the restorer then on-sold online. My friend now has recovered some of the remainder parts, but is now out of pocket. The workmanship that was done is considered sub-standard and incomplete. The modifications that were done by the restorer would not meet the requirements to make the vehicle road legal.

In total, my friend considers himself approximately $9000 out of pocket, from parts that were supplied and not retrieved and work that was not carried out.

Should this be lodged as a small claim (form 4) or a consumer trader small claim (form 6)?

He plans to self represent so any advice is much appreciated.


 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.