Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Taking Child Away

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aliashere View Drop Down

Joined: 23/June/2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 18
  Quote Aliashere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking Child Away
    Posted: 31/August/2012 at 10:16
I've separated from my wife, we recently had custody mediation which was a joke. My ex has now stated she is going to return to Vietnam. Our daughter is born here and an Australian Citizen. Is she able to take the child to Vietnam with her? There is no passport for our child. I will be applying on Monday for an Airport watch list order & already have her on the passport watch list.

MartinO View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Joined: 02/March/2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 13999
  Quote MartinO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2012 at 11:08
You need proper family court orders in place with living details and visitation details. See a family law solicitor right away, the mediation was not a joke, but a necessary step to obtaining those orders.

No she cannot just take the child out of the country without your permission, firstly your signature is required on the passport application.
I am NOT a lawyer. Anything said is NOT legal advice.

Please post your legal questions in a forum rather than sending a PM. Thanks.

AsiaOilDude View Drop Down
Legal Guru
Legal Guru

Joined: 17/February/2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2495
  Quote AsiaOilDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2012 at 21:32
Be careful she doesn't get the child a Vietnamese passport as a 'dual citizen' and use that to smuggle the child out.
Not legal advice. Personal opinion only. Seek legal advice from qualified personnel only.

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.